Volunteers teach between two to four hours of 45-minute classes each period, six days a week (Saturday is holiday). Volunteers generally create programs to stimulate classroom lessons and improve students’ conversational English though different teaching methods. Volunteers engaging in this program will have some guidance of effective teaching in Nepali style although the volunteers can demonstrate new model of their own teaching style if that is applicable in Nepali government schools.
Prior to the placement, volunteers will receive Nepali language and cultural training. During their placement, volunteers will stay with a local traditional Nepali family located close to the school.
After completing the volunteer job at government schools in Nepal, volunteer, students and school staffs can stay keep in touch through various contact information source so that the next time the school’s family would welcome again to volunteering at schools which make lasting relationship among each other.
• Teaching and tutoring children in English, Computer or volunteer can choose any subject in which they are good at.
• Developing a creative environment for children through crafts, games and sports.
• Organizing hygiene awareness or cleanliness and sanitation program for students.
• Organizing games, drawing, singing, dancing, and other creative activities.
• Helping kids to do homework, and help them to increase their extra knowledge besides they get academically.